- [rev_slider PSslider]
The Ministry of Devolution and planning today welcomed the incoming Planning and Statistics PS Mr. Nyakera Irungu, CBS, in a brief ceremony held at the ministry’s head office at the Treasury building Nairobi. The outgoing PS, Mr Saitoti Torome, CBS, took the opportunity to welcome Mr Irungu and bid farewell to the ministry that he has served for one year and four months.
Farewell remarks by Saitoti Torome, CBS, the outgoing PS, Planning and Statistics during handing over ceremony to the incoming PS, Nyakera Irungu, CBS, at the treasury building
The Ceremony was attended by the ministry’s officials,heads of Directorates, Departments and SAGAs. The outgoing PS briefed Mr Irungu on the vision and the mandate of the Ministry. He pointed out that the Ministry’s success was a result of coordinated efforts between staff and the Ministry’s stakeholders. Among the major departmental achievements highlighted were;
- Successful Co-hosting of the TICAD VI summit
- Update of the Key Investment Opportunities in Kenya Report
- Prepared and launched Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Roadmap;
- Conducted Mid-term Review of Second Medium Term Plan
- Prepared Draft Regional Development Authorities (RDAs) bill;
- Conducting and reporting on Africa Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) 2016 including:
- APRM country self-assessment for Kenya; and
- National Plan of Action for the Country Review of Kenya;
- Provided technical support during the Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) budgeting process
- Developed draft guidelines for preparation of the next generation Strategic Plans;
- Commenced preparation of the third Medium Term Plan of the Kenya Vision 2030;
- Initiated preparation for the 2019 Population and Housing Census which is currently ongoing under the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics.
The incoming PS thanked Mr Torome for the warm welcome and promised to work tirelessly to meet the demands of the State Department and by extension, the Ministry.